Jor Bagh, Lodhi road
Queen-size is a choreographic exploration that takes the form of a detailed study of the intimacy between two men. Played out on a charpoy, the duet examines the nuts and bolts – carnal, mechanical and emotional – of a close encounter between two male bodies. In deliberately making this encounter visible, Queen-size poses questions around spectatorship, privacy and dissent.
The work has been triggered by and is an artistic response to Nishit Saran’s article titled ‘Why My Bedroom Habits Are Your Business’, first published in the Indian Express in January 2000.
1. Choreographer: Mandeep Raikhy
2. Performers and Collaborators: Lalit Khatana & Parinay Mehra
3. Sound Designer: Yasuhiro Morinaga
4. Light Designer: Jonathan O’Hear
5. Photographer: Desmond Roberts
6. The production of the work has been supported by Pro Helvetia- Swiss Arts Council, Japan
7. Foundation, Nishit Saran Foundation & Gujral Foundation.
10.Vishal K Dar (architect & visual artist)