24 Jor Bagh, New Delhi
Queen-size was a choreographic exploration that took the form of a detailed study of the intimacy between two men. Played out on a charpoy, the duet examined the nuts and bolts – carnal, mechanical and emotional – of a close encounter between two male bodies. In deliberately making this encounter visible, Queen-size posed questions around spectatorship, privacy and dissent.
The work was triggered by and was an artistic response to Nishit Saran’s article titled ‘Why My Bedroom Habits Are Your Business’, first published in the Indian Express in January 2000.
1. Choreographer: Mandeep Raikhy
2. Performers and Collaborators: Lalit Khatana & Parinay Mehra
3. Sound Designer: Yasuhiro Morinaga
4. Light Designer: Jonathan O’Hear
5. Photographer: Desmond Roberts
6. The production of the work has been supported by Pro Helvetia- Swiss Arts Council, Japan
7. Foundation, Nishit Saran Foundation & the Gujral Foundation.
10. Vishal K Dar (architect & visual artist)